Introduction

Death is one of the hardest things that humans have to go through but it’s the only thing guaranteed in life. Some kind of pain comes from every death that happens every day. No one looks forward to it, even in cases when it’s well deserved or the only way to end one’s suffering. When a loved one is on death row, people become selfish and refuse to live life without them even if the person is in more pain just trying to survive the day. Most people’s first thoughts are what am I going to do? Who’s going to plan the funeral and take care of everything else that needs to be done in the next couple days? Proof that we are selfish creatures and always will be.
Some can go decades without losing someone important while others can lose everyone in one day or spend months knowing a loved one is dying. A time limit on life is much scarier than the phone ringing and being told someone is already gone. You want to spend each day with them and the date keeps getting closer until spending time with them feels like a ticking bomb. Everyone wants to search for the reason. Why did they die like this or at this age or with this many children to take care of? How could God do this is one of the most common questions. How could God who is supposed to be so great let things like this happen every day?
A person with my destiny knows why. You find out the real truth behind all this shit everyone can’t explain, but I wouldn’t wish the burden of this knowledge on anyone. After a while it starts to change you in ways that you don’t want to be changed. Whether you listen to me or not really doesn’t matter to me but I need to record all of this before my time here is up. What you call God isn’t what anyone has expected. He stopped caring about us a long time ago.
He first approached me after the accident, I wasn’t supposed to survive. The entire hospital was so shocked, a few employees didn’t even feel comfortable being in the same building as me. I had a gaping hole in my forehead that was slowly healing and starting to close up, but the inside of my head was still visible. When I was alive with no brain problems aside from being exposed, their immediate plan was to prepare me for a skin graft. The wound was already beginning to reattach and heal on its own, even the chunk of missing bone. The doctors and nurses were always very tense and uncomfortable when in the room with me. I cried all the time because I longed for someone that cared for me to be here, someone left in my small family. The only people I had left had been pushed away.
My head was almost healed the day he came. My eyes were closed because it was the middle of the day and I didn’t want anyone to see me crying. When I opened them, he was standing at the end of my bed. His black jacket and dress pants elongated his tall, slim figure and his chestnut brown hair collided perfectly with his soft, caramel eyes. I should have been scared but something about his eyes brought me much needed comfort.
“Jezebelle. I can’t believe this has happened to you,” He said, stepping to the side of my bed. His voice was deep and reminded me of my father’s.
“How do you know who I am?” I asked, fidgeting with the device that had my call button on it. A strange smile appeared on his face, and I became unsure if his presence was making me feel uncomfortable or at ease.
“Jezebelle,” He said, sitting down next to me and placing his hand on mine as if we’d known each other for years. “This is going to be hard to hear. But you need to trust me,” he said as he locked eyes with me, and all I could feel was trust and comfort.
I nodded in agreement.
“Okay, I am the man that your people know as God.” As insane as it was to hear, I couldn’t feel anything but certainty in his words. “Things have happened within the human race that I never planned for. I never intended for you to be such a violent species. It wasn’t supposed to be this way,” he went silent for a moment and looked down at the ground, then at the large window next to my bed. “I created these people called legions when I realized your species was going to create nothing but destruction. I don’t want to scare you, I just need to inform you of what is going on and what I need from you.”
The last sentence brought a little bit of uncertainty to my mind for the first time during the conversation. “What you need from me?” I asked, my voice wasn’t much more than a squeak. I was sure he had the wrong person.
“Yes, from you Jezebelle. I created these legions to destroy the human race, but in a natural way. I have lost… many along the way and they have created all of the chaos, torture, and disgusting, vile, unfair things in this world. Legions are very powerful and hard to destroy but when they are destroyed, another unborn child is cursed to live the same fate. Some come out of the womb knowing, while others can take years, decades or a near death experience to know what they are.”
My stomach clenched as I started to put together what he was telling me.
 “One of my best legions was destroyed in the beginning of January 1989 Jezebelle.”
His words decreased in volume until my name came out as a whisper. I didn’t feel like a part of this world, and my mind was filled with death. Many different scenes of destruction, blood, murder, and rape. A bright light began to shine past all of these visions of destruction in my mind, followed by his voice. His words echoed through my mind and something began to change. Pain, tension, uncertainty all slowly became nonexistent.
As I was trying to comprehend this strange feeling, he said to me quietly, “I need you Jezebelle.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So...